WFC News

Posted: Aug 4, 2020

Florida firefighters donate plasma after COVID-19 outbreak in their department

Firefighters with the Orlando Fire Department who have recovered from COVID-19 are donating plasma. The Orlando Fire Department and OneBlood have teamed up for a plasma drive where firefighters and their family members who've recovered from COVID-19 can donate plasma. "As the cases surge throughout our service area, the need for convalescent plasma has reached new heights," said Susan Forbes, with OneBlood.
- PUB DATE: 8/4/2020 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: WOFL-TV FOX 35 Orlando
Read more
Posted: Aug 4, 2020

Big Fire on Konnowac Pass Forces Evacuations

A big fire continues to burn on Konnowac Pass. Firefighters say the fire is now at more than 1,000 acres at 75 percent containment. Officials at the Northwest interagency coordination center say 49 firefighters are on the scene of the fire that started at about 3:40 Monday afternoon. The fire threatened homes and forced evacuations on Monday night but no homes were burned and no injuries were reported.
- PUB DATE: 8/4/2020 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: NewsTalk 1280 KIT
Read more
Posted: Aug 4, 2020

Kittitas County first responders ready to handle wildfire threats over the next few months

As Kittitas County begins to experience the first wildfires of the 2020 season, local first responders are up to the task of ensuring they are dealt with in an expeditious manner. Although the county saw a relatively mild fire season in 2019, Kittitas Valley Fire and Rescue Chief John Sinclair said the conditions this year suggest that we will not see a repeat of last season.
- PUB DATE: 8/4/2020 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: Daily Record News
Read more
Posted: Aug 4, 2020

Firefighters battle brush fire near Rattlesnake Ridge

Fire crews are battling a brush fire located south of Moxee near Rattlesnake Ridge, according to the East Valley Fire Department. Fire crews say the fire burned at least 5 acres and it continues to spread. Currently, firefighters say they are dealing with very windy conditions, and fire whirls have popped up.
- PUB DATE: 8/4/2020 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: KIMA-TV CBS/CW+ 29 Yakima
Read more
Posted: Aug 3, 2020

2-alarm duplex fire in Vancouver caused by improperly discarded cigarette butts

A fire that ripped through adjoining duplexes Friday morning in Vancouver’s Lincoln neighborhood was caused by improperly discarded cigarettes, according to a deputy fire marshal. The preliminary investigation found that the blaze was preventable and the result of “a careless smoker discarding cigarette butts in bark dust,” Vancouver Deputy Fire Marshal Chad Lawry said.
- PUB DATE: 8/3/2020 4:45:15 PM - SOURCE: Vancouver Columbian - Metered Site
Read more

Theme picker

Search News Articles