Menu

WFC News

Posted: Apr 19, 2019

Man found dead after downtown Bainbridge Island fire

An elderly man was found dead after a fire in downtown Winslow Thursday night. Emergency responders were called to Winslow Green at 8 p.m. April 18 for a two-alarm commercial fire. Photos posted on social media showed large flames escaping from windows in the upper floor of the complex, above the pharmacy and adjacent clothing store.
- PUB DATE: 4/19/2019 1:42:05 AM - SOURCE: Bainbridge Island Review
Read more
Posted: Apr 19, 2019

South Dakota firefighter dies while responding to wildfire

A firefighter responding to the High Plains fire south of Jewel Cave on Wednesday died of an apparent heart attack. Custer County Sheriff Marty Mechaley reported that Dwayne Hudson of the Argyle Fire Department was a passenger in a fire response vehicle and suffered a medical emergency while en route.
- PUB DATE: 4/19/2019 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: Custer County Chronicle
Read more
Posted: Apr 19, 2019

House committee tables 'tough love' bill requiring workers’ comp for Montana volunteer firefighters

The state House Judiciary committee tabled Wednesday a bill opening a three-year window for workers’ compensation benefits to be provided for all Montana volunteer firefighters. Senate Bill 29 cleared the Senate Jan. 29 but was not referred to a House committee until last week. The bill calls for all volunteer fire departments in Montana to provide workers’ compensation coverage by October 2022.
- PUB DATE: 4/19/2019 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: Independent Record
Read more
Posted: Apr 19, 2019

Cancer-Causing Chemical Taints Drinking Water After California's Camp Fire

The drinking water in Paradise, California, where 85 people died last year in the nation’s worst wildfire in a century, is contaminated with the cancer-causing chemical benzene, officials said. Officials said they believe the contamination happened after the November firestorm created a toxic combination of gases in burning homes that got sucked into the water pipes as residents and firefighters drew water heavily, the Sacramento Bee newspaper reported Thursday.
- PUB DATE: 4/19/2019 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: KTLA-TV WB 5 Los Angeles
Read more
Posted: Apr 19, 2019

Families of two Texas firefighters file lawsuit against makers of safety device

VIDEO: The families of two San Antonio firefighters have filed a lawsuit against the manufacturers of a device that might have saved one of the men and prevented injuries to another, according to a law firm. The lawsuit also names the owner of Spartan Box Gym for allegedly setting the fatal fire at his business.
- PUB DATE: 4/19/2019 12:00:00 AM - SOURCE: KSAT-TV 12 News
Read more
RSS
12345678910Last

Search News Articles