Administrative Services Director
: June 21, 2022
Administrative Services Director (exempt)
West Thurston Regional Fire Service Authority is currently accepting applications to fill its Administrative Services Director position. This position will be hired as a double-fill with the current Administrative Services Director, for a period of not less than six (6) months, with a possible extension for three additional months, to allow for training and coaching. At the end of this training period, the position will be filled permanently upon the retirement of the current Administrative Services Director.
$7,584 - $8,924 per month
Medical, dental, life, AD&D, vision group plan; Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); Deferred Compensation (457) matching contribution up to 6.2% (in lieu of Social Security); Paid Leave/Holidays.
West Thurston is a regional fire authority, having consolidated three fire districts (#1 Rochester, #11 Littlerock, #14 Grand Mound) into one entity. The department delivers comprehensive emergency services including Fire Suppression, Rescue, EMS and BLS patient transport from 4-5 staffed stations. Services are delivered by a combination of career and volunteer public service professionals.
West Thurston is located in the south Puget Sound region, situated between Olympia and Centralia. The 158 square mile service area is mixed use residential urban growth, suburban, rural, commercial, light industrial and forest land. The service area is bisected by 12 miles of Interstate 5. Residents enjoy the small-town environment, mild climate and a wide variety of recreation year-round. The local area is robust with quality schools, parks, trails, history, and many other attractions.
Description of Duties:
- Organizes budget committee and prepares annual budget cooperatively with other designated officers.
- Prepares ongoing budgetary reports and analysis.
- Supervises accounts payable/receivables activities (vouchers, fee for service agreements, transport and service fees, systems).
- Supervises payroll and leave activities and systems.
- Performs regular reconciliations of financial records.
- Manages human resources and benefits program, including the coordination of employee engagement opportunities and events.
- Manages insurance review, coverage and claims process, including risk management reviews.
- Maintains personnel records.
- Oversees department records/data management, including electronic file system.
- Develops and recommends administrative/HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Coordinates and schedules department annual inventory program.
- Manages clerical functions including administrative assistant(s), receptionists, and administrative volunteers.
- Conducts Governing Board Secretary services
Administrative Services Director
||West Thurston Regional Fire Authority
||$7,584 - $8,924 per month
|Posting Start Date:
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in payroll accounting, budgeting, accounts payable/receivable, and human resources management or public service administrative management, 3 of which are in a Fire/EMS related field or Junior taxing district.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration/finance/accounting
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to navigate conflict.
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Organizational skills and ability to multitask to meet competing deadlines.
- Expert-level skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience supervising, mentoring and evaluating staff.
Linda Shea, Administrative Services Director
10828 Littlerock Rd SW
- Interviews are tentatively planned for August 15-19, 2022.
- For questions, contact Linda Shea at 360-352-1614.
||This listing expires on: 9/21/2022