Please visit www.eastsidefire-rescue.org for entire job announcement!
The Deputy Director/Deputy Chief is an executive level administrator and team member who demonstrates character, humility, vulnerability, wisdom, and discernment as leaders in the Agency.
Executive team members understand that our culture is the result of our behaviors, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. We are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness throughout the agency.
We continuously strive to build trust and to influence the right things to happen, for the right reason, at the right time. Our purpose is to serve something greater than ourselves while upholding the Agency’s mission and values.
||Eastside Fire & Rescue
||$142,899 - $162,385
|Posting Start Date:
||Eastside Fire & Rescue’s executive level administrators shall be assigned duties as directed by the Fire Chief. Job functions, KSA’s, education and experience, experience, physical requirements, and working conditions may include any combination of the following as determined by the Fire Chief:
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintains current knowledge and capabilities in relevant laws, regulations, codes, operations, and procedures.
2. Leads, supervises, directs work, evaluates, and coaches the performance of direct reports.
3. Prepares and conducts performance evaluations of subordinates in accordance with Agency policy, procedures, and standards.
4. Participates in hiring, firing, and advancement decisions concerning division staff.
5. Assists the Fire Chief as directed with all assigned tasks, duties, and objectives.
6. Provides necessary support to the labor negotiation team.
7. Acts as a confidential liaison for the Fire Chief with the Board of Directors, Board of Commissioners, and all relevant elected officials.
8. Provides reports and overviews of respective divisions to the Fire Chief and the Board of Directors.
9. Oversees financial audits of the Agency by the State Auditor’s Office or other outside audit firms.
10. Establishes Agency programs, priorities, and objectives within the assigned area.
11. Oversees the completion of the Agency’s strategic planning process.
12. Assumes responsibility for the Agency during the absence of the Fire Chief including authority over all personnel actions as well as operational control in response to alarms as required.
13. Prepares, recommends, and implements budgets for assigned areas.
14. Assists in establishing standards for Agency divisions.
15. May be assigned outside of agency to serve in various capacities in support of the agency’s overall mission.
16. Serve on Boards, Commissions and or advisory groups that represent the agency’s interests or regional needs.
17. Assists the Agency in policy decisions, planning, development, and performance related duties.
18. Responds to emergency incidents, training needs, and all routine activities.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to maintain schedules, meet deadlines, and manage multiple roles with different priorities and timeframes.
2. Manages change, deals with situations as they arise and works independently and as part of a team.
3. Ability to coordinate with Agency leaders on various aspects of operations including personnel, duties, and assignments.
4. Understands, prepares, recommends, and implements budgets for assigned areas.
5. Assigns appropriate work to subordinates.
6. Ability to maintain accurate records of work and other activities performed.
7. Demonstrates necessary discretion, confidentiality, and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
8. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with others and promote effective relationships.
9. Ability to be responsive to internal and external customer requests and concerns.
10. Communicates effectively verbally and in writing.
11. Proficiency in written and oral communications.
12. Actively participates in training to remain proficient in assigned areas.
13. Effectively leads employees and maintains discipline while using sound judgment.
14. Continually seeks, maintains, develops, and implements industry “Best Practices.”
15. Maintains a valid Washington State driver’s license and good driving record as required by Agency policy, and EVIP certification or equivalent.
16. Knowledge of RCWs and Agency policy to effectively maintain records and documents.
||This listing expires on: 10/17/2022