||East County Fire and Rescue
|Posting Start Date:
Location: Located in Clark County WA to the north of the Cities of Camas and Washougal, encompassing 60 square miles of rural and forest lands. The area is sometimes referred to as the “Gateway to the Gorge” due to its proximity to the nearby Columbia River Scenic Gorge Area.
Full Time Fire Chief
About the District: East County Fire and Rescue serves a population of approximately 10,000 residents. ECFR provides fire protection, fire prevention, BLS EMS, Hazmat, and rope rescue. In 2021 the yearly call volume was 1,067 calls for service with 80% of those being medical emergencies. ECFR is in excellent financial shape and has great community support. Within the past few years, we have paid down debt, purchased a new engine, two new squads, new SCBA’s and many other items essential to firefighter safety and function. We anticipate being debt free by 2025. ECFR prides itself on being a professional, fiscally responsible and customer-centered organization.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $115,000 DOQ. This is a non-represented exempt position and acts at the direction of the Board of Fire Commissioners
To fill the position of Full Time Fire Chief.
Examples of Duties:
The authority of the Fire Chief shall include, but not be limited to, overall management, administration, leadership and direction of the Fire District; suggesting new hires, management, disciplining, and suggesting discharge/termination of Fire District employees and volunteers; the execution, enforcement and administration of Fire District policies, rules, regulations and general orders; providing policy advice to the elected five-member Board of Fire Commissioners, and maintaining ongoing communication with the community.
Timeline of Events:
Applications open October 21, 2022
Applications close November 11, 2022
Notifications by November 16, 2022
Board Interviews TBA
- Associate’s Degree in Fire Science or Fire Protection Technology or Business or Public Administration or closely related field.
- Seven (7) or more years of progressively responsible management experience
- Experience in labor relations and grievance resolution
- Experience as a Chief Officer
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
- Washington State EMT certification (or ability to obtain within 180 days of hire)
- Demonstrated ability to operate personal computers using standard or customized software and equipment specific to the needs of the District.
- Demonstrated effective communication, speaking, and listening skills
- Minimum of 10 years of fulltime experience in fire service
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public/Business Administration, or related field
- Executive Fire Officer (EFO)
- Chief Fire Officer (CFO)
- Political acumen and sensitivity
- Adaptive, encouraging management style
- Financial strategist for long-term sustainability
Application and Testing Process
Applications are available on-line at www.ecfr.us; or in person, Mon-Fri, 8 am to 4 pm, at Station 91 (located at 600 NE 267th Ave, Camas, WA 98607).
Be sure to submit a Letter of Introduction, a comprehensive resume - listing all pertinent education, training and experience - along with your application.
Completed applications must be received in the mail (postmarks will not be accepted), dropped off at St 91 or emailed to email@example.com no later than 1600 hours on November 11, 2022.
Desirable Starting Date: December 1, 2022
Application and Resume:
All applications and resumes will be scored based on their content and completeness.
The top ten scores after the application/resume examination may be eligible for Board of Commissioner interviews.
Upon conditional offer of employment, a background investigation will be conducted and will consist of a comprehensive investigation of your education and employment history (including a criminal and driving record review), a psychological profile, drug screening and a medical examination.
ECFR is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, non-job-related disability, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
||This listing expires on: 1/22/2023